Hello everyone! So I’m super excited about today’s post, because I’m gonna show you some of my favorite summer trends! This isn’t just about fashion trends, but everything that has been huge on the Internet recently! I will admit some of these aren’t that popular, but they are my favorite, and I tried my best to make these trends stand out from the typical ones that remind you of summer such as floppy hats, bright nails, spray tans etc. so here we go!
1. Body Chains- This trend has probably been around for a while, but didn’t really get much attention till this year. I think body chains look amazing with backless dresses and swimsuits. Add one to your swimsuit or any cute outfit this summer and you’ll stand out!
2. Pineapple Fashion- There’s a lot of fruit fashion going around during this season, especially watermelons, but I think pineapples are cuter when it comes to fashion so here’s a few of my favorites.
3. Maxi Open-Front Cardigans- These are so cute! I love the way they flow in the wind. Wearing these over a swimsuit is a huge summer trend right now and you should definitely try it because I think everyone can pull this off!
4. Pastel Handbags- Who says pastels are only for Spring? Many people use pastel handbags for summer and it’s a great staple piece for summer, especially with an all white outfit.
5. Floral Swimsuits- Again, we are transitioning spring trends into summer trends, so instead of wearing cute floral spring day dresses, try a floral swimsuit. I think they are way more attractive than plain swimsuits.
1. Straight Bobs- How unique! Long hair has been very popular for the past few years, so why not switch it up? Bobs are a fun way to start off fresh this summer, but straight bobs are beyond gorgeous! My favorite way to style it is to put one side behind your ear like the pics below.
2. Long Curly/Wavy Hair- If you want to keep your hair long like me, try going for some curls. I have naturally curly hair, and I’ve started to learn to love it naturally. Just put in a beachy waves salt spray which you can make at home instead of buying the expensive ones, and you’re good to go! If you have naturally straight hair, braid your hair at night, then put in the spray the next morning. I know this is a typical trend, but I just love it and it never gets old!
1. Short and Natural- I think this summer, everyone should embrace natural beauty. Natural hair, natural face, natural nails. If you feel that your bare nails are not that pretty, put a topcoat on it, but keep it short and simple, and embrace your natural nail color.
1. HIGHLIGHTER- In today’s society, girls are obsessed with putting like 10 layers of makeup on their face, and it saddens me to see that they don’t embrace their natural beauty. Be confident this summer, and make yourself believe you’re beautiful. Instead of wearing loads of makeup, just apply highlighter. This will give you a beautiful angelic glow on your face, and you will be beautiful. If you don’t feel confident, go ahead and put on some mascara or whatever is your necessary makeup product, but make your highlighter the spotlight of your makeup!
2. Clear Lip gloss- Again, bringing out the natural beauty, use a clear lipgloss. Literally, anyone can pull this off.
1. Bands- Bands are not everyone’s thing, but for summer, I think they are great. Try listening to Monsters and Men, they have great summer tunes. I’m not a fan of screamo bands at all, I like the ones that are more relaxed, but have catchy tunes. Other bands I like are The Vamps, Marina and the Diamonds, and Rixton. For some R&B girl bands, try Fifth Harmony or LITTLE MIX <3.
2. Foreign Music- My new obsession. I love learning about other people’s cultures, especially music. I personally love listening to Bollywood, but that’s not foreign for me because I understand it, but I also love listening to urban Spanish songs and even a bit of K-pop! Live outside your comfort zone this summer!
(Mat Aazma Re, my favorite Bollywood song)
(Carnaval, my favorite Spanish song)
1. California Donuts- Okay, now I’m hungry. I mean what’s not to love about these. This is trending everywhere right now, and I definitely want to try some this summer.
2. Vegetable Platter- For a healthier option, try a vegetable platter. Fruit kebabs and platters are overrated, so eat some vegetables!
3. Snow Cones- Forget ice-cream! Snow cones are healthier, and more fun! You can buy a mini snow cone machine pretty much anywhere. A lot of people have been eating snow cones this summer.
I hope you enjoyed and please follow me if you aren’t already!